Things to See & Do
Greenhills Caravan Park is a great base to explore the Tweed Valley, Tweed Coast, and beyond.
The region is a world class recreation and holiday destination, with the Gold Coast and glitter strip to the north. Explore the laid back feel of Byron Bay and Byron hinterland to the south, and the alternative lifestyle vibe of Nimbin, as you discover the ambience of quaint country villages, contrasting with the pastoral atmosphere of traditional rural towns.
As expected in a major town, you'll find the full range of retail, banking and medical services are available in Murwillumbah, with major shopping centres and services at Tweed Heads and Coolangatta, just 25 minutes travel time north.
There's easy access to seaside activities and watersports, fine dining, gold coast theme parks, colourful markets, and just about every leisure activity imaginable, not to mention the scenic wonder of nearby World Heritage listed national parks.
- Tweed Regional Gallery The closest accommodation to Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre, just a 5 minute walk or 2 minute drive. Surrounded by beautiful gardens and lawns and offering panoramic views of the Tweed River, the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre is the perfect place to visit to view first-rate exhibitions. Web page.
- Wollumbin National Park 35 minute drive to Wollumbin NP. This park protects the mountain summit of Wollumbin (aka Mount Warning), an iconic landmark of the Northern Rivers region. Do a summit climb, or enjoy a more easygoing short walk to Lyrebird lookout. Web page.
- Natural Bridge Located in the Numinbah Valley, Springbrook National Park, the Natural Bridge rock formation was formed by the force of the waterfall through to the erosive basalt cave.
- Tweed Regional Museum - Murwillumbah. Free entry, Open Tuesday to Saturday 10am-4pm. Displays showcase the patterns of settlement, industry and agriculture that have shaped the Valley, and provide insights into contemporary life in the Shire. Web page.
- Fishing. The Tweed River just two streets away, is saltwater to the Bray park weir approx 2 km upstream. A variety of species including mullet and perch have been caught in the river here. (Well, our resident Ospreys must be catching something!) Catch and release freshwater fishing from non motorised water vessels only, is available at Crams Farm Recreational Area, (Tweed's primary water supply), and is a 30 minute drive away. Beach surf casting and rock fishing is available at a variety of locations on the Tweed Coast just 20 minutes drive away. A NSW fishing license is required for all recreational fishing activity.
- See below for a list of some of the local Farmers Markets and monthly weekend markets.
Visit the Big Volcano Visitor Guide - Activities & Attractions Directory to look up a full range of activities, attractions, and things to see and do in the region.
Whether you're here for just a few days on the way to somewhere else, or decide to stay a little longer and explore the place we call home, Greenhills Caravan Park is the place to to put down stumps.
We have overnight, weekly and long stay options available. Check out our site types and prices here.
Weekly Farmers and Weekend Markets on every weekend.
- Caldera Farmers Market - Murwillumbah Showground every Wednesday 7am-11am Local produce, plastic bag free
- Kingscliff Farmers Market - North Coast TAFE, Kingscliff every Saturday 7am - 11am
- Kingscliff Lantern Markets - Lions Park, Marine Parade, Kingscliff, 1st Friday of month, 5.30pm-9.30pm
- Pottsville Beach Markets 1st and 3rd Sunday from 7.30am. Animal rides, arts, crafts, food, music, produce
- The Social Markets - Jack Evans Boat Harbour 2nd Friday 4pm - 9pm NSW. Local businesses, food, arts, crafts, music and childrens activities.
- Kingscliff Lions Beachside Markets 2nd and 4th Saturday 7am -12pm. Arts, crafts, bric a brac, food, produce, plants, homemade
- Chillingham Community Markets 2nd Sunday 8am- 1pm. Fresh produce, arts, crafts, bric a brac, food, music
- Murwillumbah Makers & Finders Market - Knox Park 3rd Saturday 9am - 3pm. Handmade | Vintage | Indie | Flea Market
- Uki Buttery Bazaar 3rd Sunday. Arts, crafts, bric a brac, food, produce, music
- Tyalgum Village Market - Coolman Street Last Saturday in month 9am - 3pm. "Variety of stalls, hot food, espresso coffee, entertainment and a playground onsite all with a great country atmosphere."
- Murwillumbah Community Market - Showground 4th Sunday. Animal rides, arts, crafts, food, music, produce
- Coolangatta Beachfront Fair 4th Sunday when 5 Sundays in month. Animal rides, arts, crafts, bric a brac, food, music, produce
- Tweed Markets Recreation Street Every Sunday, 7am-1pm. Arts and crafts, bric a brac, food
Visit the Big Volcano Visitor Guide - Farmers and Weekend Markets Guide for the complete guide to Weekday and Weekend Markets in the region.
We're close to a number of top golf courses, so if you're a golfer, you can organise a hit out at one of our local golf ranges, all within a half hour or so travel time.
- Murwillumbah Golf Club: 18 holes, Par 71, 6112m. Murwillumbah. 8 minutes drive time. Tel (02) 6672 1799. It's been said that this course is a real test of your golf skills with undulating and beautifully kept, fast greens.
- Pottsville Golf Course: A scenic 20 minute drive east to the coast, Pottsville is open from Wednesday-Sunday, and on public holidays. 9 holes, Par 29 course. Pottsville, Tel: (02) 6676 3777
- Coolangatta Tweed Heads Golf Club 36 holes, Par 72, 6127m, 20 minutes travel time north at Tweed Heads South, Tel (07) 5524 4544 for more information.
- Club Banora: 18 holes, Par 72, 6396m, Banora Point, 20 minutes travel time north. Tel (07) 5524 1544.
- Ocean Shores Country Club: 18 holes, Par 72, 6371m. Ocean Shores is just north of Byron Bay, about 35 minutes south of Greenhills. Tel (02) 6680 1008
Visit the Big Volcano Visitor Guide - Golf Clubs & Courses Guide for the complete guide to Golf Clubs & Courses in the area.
Whatever activities and attractions you're looking for, you'll find Greenhills Caravan Park is a centrally located base for your explorations.